Whistle Blower Policy
List of exclusions
- Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) shall be the owner of the process. CHRO shall also ensure that following committees are in place:
- Business Whistle Blower Committee (BWBC): A committee comprising management representatives at Business Level.
- Unit Whistle Blower Committee (UWBC): A committee comprising management representatives at Unit Level.
- Human Resource function shall implement adequate reporting mechanism for ease and timely reporting.
- The jurisdiction of the Committee is restricted to the violation of Code of Conduct and/or business ethics alleged to have been committed within one year of the receipt of complaint by the Committee.
- It shall be the responsibility of the HR Head's of various units to create the necessary awareness among all employees' in all cadres and make those concerned/affected known on the company's policies in place.
Procedure for raising a complaint
A whistleblower can make a compliant in multiple ways:
- Can write to the relevant Business / Unit Whistle Blower Committee's which are indicated in the table below. The information about name of members and list of Business / Unit Whistle Blower Committee's at various levels, their e-mail id are available on the Values micro site that can be accessed from Poornata
(https://www.poornataghr.com)or the Group's Intranet Onstream,
- A whistle blower can send a complaint to the ethics hotline by calling on a toll free number
1800 103 9868,or write to email@example.com,or send a fax on
1800 103 9868 or mail it to
P.O.BoxNo71,DLFPhase1,QutubEnclave, Gurgaon–122002,Haryana. . This is operated by an independent third party vendor.
- By writing to the Chief Human Resource Officer of ABC or Head HR, Business Head or Company Secretary of the relevant Group Company, as these officials are duty bound to share the complaint with the Ethics Hotline.
- In exceptional cases, the complainant can directly report his/her complaint to the Chairperson of the Company's Audit Committee. Details of the Chairperson are available on the Company's website.
In ABC there are 3 tier committees which have been created to facilitate registration the Whistle Blowercomplaint, which are –
| If Breach of Code of Conduct or Values is at:
|| Report Complaint via E-mail to:
|| Report Complaint in writing to:
| ABC Chief Executive or above level
|| Group Value Committee (GVC).
| Group Value Committee (GVC).
Aditya Birla Group
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt.Ltd
Aditya Birla Centre, 'C' Wing, 3rd Floor,
S.K.Ahire Marg,Worli, Mumbai 400 030 India.
| Unit CEO level or SMT member level
|| *Business level WhistleBlower/Grievance Redressal Committee (BGRC)
| Business level Whistle Blower Committee (BWBC)
Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
One Indiabulls Centre, Tower-1, 18th floor,
Jupiter Mills Compound,
841, S.B. Marg, Elphinstone Road,
Mumbai 400 013.
| Any level below the Unit CEO level
|| **Unit level Whistle Blower/Grievance Redressal Committee (UGRC).
(Refer Annexure 2 for e-mail id's for your respective Units)
| Unit level Whistle Blower Committee (UWBC).
(Refer Annexure 3 for address where you can send your report)
*In cases where complaint is against any member of the Business Level Whistle Blower/Grievance Redressal Committee same should be reported to the Group Value Committee (GVC)
**In case where complaint is against any member of the Unit Committee the same should be reported to the Business level Whistle Blower Committee (BWBC)
If the complainant so desires, he/she may alternatively report the incident to his / her functional head or manager who will then report it (in writing or via E-mail-Refer Annexure 1 for Format) to the relevant Committee.
Because the employee has several means of reporting, the employeedoes not need to report to someone he / she believes may be involved in the suspected violation or from whom the employee would fear retaliation.