In these unprecedented times as we join forces across the world to battle the pandemic together, we wish you and your loved ones a safe, secure and healthy time ahead.
We understand your apprehensions and are sensitive about the impact the pandemic is already having on all our lives.
We wish to draw your attention to recent RBI circular, RBI/201920/186 DOR.No.BP.BC.47/21.04.048/2019-20 of March 27, 2020 permitting a three-month moratorium on all loan instalments falling due between March 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020. Appropriately the tenure of the loan will be shifted by three months across the board. If the instalment for the month of March has been paid, then the deferment will be available for month of April and May and the tenor will be shifted by two months.
Please note that , this is only a deferment of the payment. Hence, interest will be accrued at the contractual rate of the loans for the principal amount outstanding prior to Moratorium scheme being availed. The interest accrued during the period will be added to the principal outstanding and recovered over the period of the remaining tenor, leading to an increase in EMI.
Therefore, we would recommend that you avail this moratorium, only if absolutely necessary and cannot be avoided. The moratorium scheme is available only for dues falling between March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020 (both days included)
For any self-service need please login at
Assuring you of our best services always.
Aditya Birla Housing Finance Ltd
Reference Circular no: RBI/2019-20/ 186; DOR.No.BP.BC.47/21.04.048/2019-20
1. Is the Moratorium applicable for all loans?
ABHFL would be extending moratorium to all its customers as per the latest advice by the Reserve bank of India. Moratorium is applicable for instalments falling due between 01March 2020 and 31May 2020. Instalments include all principal and interest payments, scheduled bullet repayments, EMI / Pre EMI Only NPA customers will not be extended the benefit of Moratorium.
2. Does it mean that my instalment for the next 3 months is waived off? Will I get an interest waiver for 3 months of moratorium?
The RBI advisory does not mandate an interest waiver and is only a deferment of the payment. Hence, interest will be accrued at the contractual rate of the loan for the principal amount outstanding before the moratorium scheme being availed. The interest accrued during the period will
be added to the principal outstanding and recovered over the period of the remaining tenor, leading to an increase in instalment.
3. I have paid instalment for March 2020, give me Moratorium for April, May June 2020.
Since March 2020 has been paid, Moratorium can be availed only for April and May 2020
4. How do I avail the Moratorium benefit?
Please SMS ‘ABHFLOPT’ to 567679, ONLY from your registered mobile number by 2nd of April 2020.
5. I don’t want a moratorium on my instalment. Can I continue to pay every month?
Yes, you may continue to pay your instalment and T&Cs of your loan will remain the same. If you have received any SMS/email from us for opting for moratorium, kindly ignore it.
6. I have a NACH registration? Does that mean you will not present my instalment?
If you have opted for moratorium and have been approved by ABHFL, the instalments will not be presented. Else, it continues are per schedule.
7. If I don’t opt for moratorium and then default on my payments, will you apply penalty on those
Yes, T&Cs of your loan continue to remain the same.
8. I have already defaulted on my last few instalments, does that mean I will be given relaxation on them as well?
No, you will have to regularize your payment and will be charged penalty on previous instalments defaulted. Moratorium if opted for, will be applicable on instalments for March, April & May 2020.
9. What If I have paid March 2020 instalment?
If you have paid your March 2020 instalment, it would be posted to your account like all other months. You may avail moratorium for rest of the months.
10. My loan was disbursed in March 2020 and my first instalment is due in April 2020. Can I still avail the moratorium benefit?
Yes, you may avail moratorium for the said period.
11. I defaulted on my instalment for March 2020 and have not opted for moratorium, will you still charge me penalty?
Only If the consent for moratorium is given then the penalty will not be levied.
12. Will it be reported in my CIBIL? How would the moratorium appear in my CIBIL report?
No, Moratorium period will not be reported to CIBIL.
13. Will these moratorium months will be counted in lock in period or not?
Yes, it will be counted in the lock in period calculation